Military, Veteran, and Family Services
Our program assists with transitioning service members, veterans of all eras, spouses and family members with resource assistance and benefit navigation.
Here to Help!
Military, Veteran, and Family Services supports the community through careful case management, resource navigation, and financial wellness during challenging life transitions focused on sustainability and resiliency.
- Supportive Services (Non-Clinical Management)
- Financial Wellness
- Veterans Climb
- Outreach and Rapid Resources
Supportive Services offers a bridge to sustainability. Our case managers provide short term non-clinical case management. We provide financial and non-financial resources and help set realistic attainable goals and provide resource connection. These services include:
- Financial Assistance with essential needs (rent, mortgage, utilities, etc.)
- Food Security
- Connection to education partners, legal partners, veteran benefits, and more
We’re committed to teaching our veterans how to “do money” and achieve a level of financial wellness that allows them to live a financially flexible life. The program focuses on building money management skills through financial education teaching personal finance concepts, financial coaching offering guidance and support, and credit counseling teaching the basics of credit management. We recognize that a contributing factor to a Veteran’s well-being and security is the health of their finances. To support those needs, we have partnered with several providers who work directly with veterans and their families on more aspects of managing their financial needs.
The Veterans’ Climb program is piloted by Mt. Carmel Veterans
Service Center in partnership with El Pomar Foundation and is designed to
deliver long-term and intensive assistance to at-risk veterans, through:
- Case management
- Supportive services
- Personalized mentorship
- Career & technology education programs
- Employment preparation & acquisition
- Heath & wellness coaching
Program is available to all veterans, primarily those who are:
- Dealing with an unexpected separation from active duty
- Facing imminent homelessness
- Committed to long-term participation for the
entire length of program
- Enrollment in educational certificate or degree
- Consistent communication and documented effort
- Minimize homelessness
- Reduce recidivism
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 1-(888) 719-VETS or email Rodger Johnson at [email protected].